Tuesday, September 1, 2015

How superheroes fit in the world

One thing I wanted to do with my supers setting for Savage Worlds was make it much like the world today. Advanced technology was not unheard of, just exceedingly rare and sadly most dedicated to weaponry and armaments. I also wanted a setting that could incorporate aliens and magic. However like the world today, such concepts would be not overbearing (aliens) or viewed simply as something outlandish that could be rationally explained through science (magic). Past history would not dramatically change and key events would pretty much be the same.

More importantly, I wanted to address how superheroes were viewed in society and with governments. Would they all be considered super soldiers? Would they be universally adored or would they be looked upon with fear? Or would they potentially be a little of each? So I wanted something that would be flexible enough to encompass just about everything.